The Group Executive Committee
The Group Executive Committee exists to support the Group Scout Leader and aims to make sure that the Scout Group has the facilities and resources needed to deliver good Scouting in the Group.
The Committee is responsible for:
- The maintenance of the Group’s property and equipment;
- The raising of funds and the administration of the Group’s finance;
- The insurance of persons, property and equipment;
- Group public occasions; and
- Assisting with the recruitment of leaders and other adult support.
The Group Executive consists of some people who are members because of their position, these are:
- Group Scout Leader
- Group Chairperson
- Group Treasurer
- Group Secretary
- Assistant Group Scout Leader
- All Section Leaders (but not assistant leaders or section assistants)
- Explorer Scout Leader
There are also:
- Elected members, (elected annually at the Annual General Meeting)
- Nominated members, (Nominated by the Group Scout Leader at the Annual General Meeting)
- Co-opted Members
The membership of the Executive Committee is set up in this way to ensure that the interests of the Group Council and Group Scout Leader are represented and balanced. It also serves to broaden the membership of the Executive Committee, hopefully bringing in people from other parts of the community. The co-opted members are often used to bring particular skills into the Executive Committee, perhaps because of a particular project that is being undertaken or problem that is being tackled. Ideally there should also be a Parent Representative from each section in the Group on the Executive Committee.
If you feel that you have useful skills to offer or would just like to volunteer your support or help then we would be delighted to hear from you.
If you would like some more information please click on the “Get In Touch” button on the right of your screen and fill in the details, we look forward to hearing from you.